I love setting goals, and I love a good to-do list. There’s something about writing down your dreams–It’s so much more satisfying to cross off your accomplishments than to simply accomplish them! It’s also great to record your progress as you grow and experience new things. That’s why I was so pleased to see this new venture, twelve by 2012, over at Oh, Hello, Friend. There are a reasonable number of days left before 2012, and twelve is a reasonable number of goals. Danni has created her own list and encourages other bloggers to do the same, and to track each others’ progress. Below are the 12 things I’d like to accomplish before the new year. I want to hear yours, too!
1. Make my house feel more like a home. (It can be hard to really commit to decorating when you lease year-to-year. But I want to fully enjoy my surroundings by giving them some permanence–hanging artwork on the walls, etc.)
2. Expand my freelance writing career.
3. Refresh this blog to include better navigation, more features, and a landing page featuring more about me and what I offer!
4. Keep trying local restaurants and shops, using discount coupons whenever possible.
5. Reorganize my clothes, shoes, jewelry and accessories to better see what I own, and donate all unwanted items to Goodwill.
6. Organize my design magazines, inspiration folders, and other materials.
7. Get stronger at the gym!
8. Bake and cook at least a handful of things from scratch, using recipes I’ve collected.
9. Get my hands messy with craft projects, instead of just reading about them.
10. Read at least 1 more book for pleasure…surely I can do that before 2012?
11. Continue real-world design projects.
12. Get 8 hours of sleep per night. I wish I could run on less, but it’s for the best that I hold to this!